Tagion FAQ

Who is Charles Darwin?

Charles Darwin, in full Charles Robert Darwin, (born February 12, 1809, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England—died April 19, 1882, Downe, Kent), English naturalist whose scientific theory of evolution by natural selection became the foundation of modern evolutionary studies.

Tagion has based some of its governance rules on the principles of natural selection.

Is Hashgraph patented?

No, the Hashgraph mathematical proof itself is not patented, because only inventions can be patented, not the science itself as the mathematical proof. Swirlds own the US Patent_9,646,029_B1 claiming a distributed database system that reaches consensus with a proof of stake model and the Hashgraph algorithm. Swirlds have filed the patent in the US and Australia.

The patent application got refusal in Korea and has chosen not to continue the national phase in Germany (EU).

Tagion used the math behind Hashgraph in a completely different way, in a different context, which is its P2P distributed database technology. Tagion as well filed patents in EU, that are related to the gossip and security mechanisms and the database technology.

What patents does Tagion hold?

Tagions EU patents are led in the name of its founding company I25S ApS. The patents concern 1) a database system and 2) and network gossip protocol.

The database system, which is implemented as the DART in Tagion, is a distributed database system that can efficiently search and store data based on a cryptographic hash enabling the network to execute transactions in parallel enabling performance and scalability.

The gossip protocol is an efficient way to share information among all members
of the network

What open licenses does Tagion grant?

An open license is defined to be a free patent license given to the open-source project that cannot be revoked.

All open-source projects having the same type of copyright license as the Tagion Project will as a general rule be automatically granted a free license that cannot be revoked.

Other open-source projects and projects, in general, need to apply for an open license. Projects that fork the Tagion core library would also need a license, but again, if they follow the same copyright license and conditions specified in the license, it is granted automatically.

Is Tagion GDPR compliant?

Yes, it is. You can store any data on the DART and only make it accessible for modification by the key holder. You can also store encrypted data on DART that can only be read by the holder of the decryption key. There is no implicit rules for the content of such data, except that you can create a smart contract that validates its content.

What is i25s?

I25s is the sponsor company of Tagion. Tagion has been granted irrevocable licenses to patents from i25s in order to best promote and grow the network.

Where is the Tagion domiciled?

Tagion is located in HIllerød, Denmark and has a subsidiary in Kyiv, Ukraine. As i25s is the networks sponsor they (for now) share the same offices and resources.

What is the business model behind Tagion?

The business model behind Tagion is to allow network participants, such as nodes and service providers, to make money either by being rewarded for helping with operating the network (nodes), or from earning money from services being provided on top of the network, e.g. fees and interests (service providers).

Is Tagion compliant (Financial regulation)?

Tagion follows a dualistic approach to regulation giving privacy in the network for its users, but also making it possible for the users and service providers to exchange compliance records in a seamless and efficient way, where the data is controlled by the users. By this, the service providers can cater to local regulation.

Tagion does not have embedded compliance to any jurisdiction. In that aspect, the network is totally neutral. It is the obligation of every legal entity to be compliant with its local jurisdiction.

What is KYC?

The “know your customer” or “know your client” (KYC) guidelines in financial services requires that professionals make an effort to verify the identity, suitability, and risks involved with maintaining a business relationship. The term can also refer to the bank regulations and anti-money laundering regulations that govern these activities.

KYC processes are also employed by companies of all sizes for the purpose of ensuring their proposed customers, agents, consultants, or distributors are anti-bribery compliant and are actually who they claim to be.

Banks, insurers, export creditors and other financial institutions are increasingly demanding that customers provide detailed due diligence information. Initially, these regulations were imposed only on the financial institutions but now the non-financial industry, fintech, virtual assets dealers, and even the non-profit organizations are liable to oblige.

What is an accredited investor?

An accredited investor is a person or a business entity who is allowed to deal in securities that may not be registered with financial authorities. They are entitled to such privileged access if they satisfy one (or more) requirements regarding income, net worth, asset size, governance status or professional experience.

In the U.S., the term is used by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under Regulation D to refer to investors who are financially sophisticated and have a reduced need for the protection provided by regulatory disclosure filings. Accredited investors include natural high net worth individuals (HNWI), banks, insurance companies, brokers and trusts.

Is Tagion pursuing an ICO?

No

What is private sale?

A private sale is an unadvertised sale of property which is not open to the general public. A private sale is negotiated between a buyer and a seller directly. In a private sale broker, agents and public notices are absent. The sale is made voluntarily between the parties.

Citizens of what countries can participate in the Tagion private sale?

We offer no public information on private sales. To gain more information, please contact us at kv@i25s.com. US citizens and entities are not able to participate in any type of private Tagion sale.

Are Tagions securities?

No

Is Tagion partnered with any banks?

No

How do I set up a Tagion profile?

The best way to get involved is to register in the forum and take part in the discussions. Here you will also be among the first to hear when our wallet is ready – then you will be able to set up your network profile. Stay active to move from node, to active node, then …

Can I refer to friends?

Yes, indeed, they sound like great people. Invite them all to become a part of our community and make Tagion the monetary system of the future.

How do I get Tagions?

[posted 10th of June - updates will follow]

It is possible to earn Tagions through a social campaign which is yet to be launched.

You’ll also be able to earn Tagions by running the node network.
It will be a headstart for anyone who actively participates in the alpha network launch.

The DEX is in the roadmap for 6-8 months after the alpha network release.
That’s 8 months of options to earn Tagions before you can exchange it on the DEX.

For more information on how to acquire tokes, contact ir@i25s.com

Then I believe in real world adoption of cryptocurrencies stable coins will not be the only solution to provide a hedge against volatility. for instance traders can agree to make payment within a particular time for any business transaction and once that is agreed no one stands at the chance of taking a loss should there be a dump in the crypto market.

2 Likes